Hey there! Welcome to the site, which is, obviously, brand new. My name is Briley Kenney, and I started this because I want it to be a haven or safe place for anyone and everyone who suffers mentally, physically, or in any way. I suffer from severe depression myself, and there are plenty of times where I sink and cannot pull myself back up. I don’t have the support I should, at least not naturally.
I’m sure you’re wondering why I would just decide to do something like this. Since I’d rather not go into a long, detailed backstory, here’s the skinny version. Recently, I joined some support groups for those dealing with narcissistic parents, along with some for debilitating depression. There are days when I cannot get up out of bed I’m hurting so bad mentally and emotionally, and as I’ve learned, I’m not alone there. I was honestly surprised how often I see similarities between my own issues and that of others. That’s exactly why I created this site.
I understand that “safe space” is used as a negative term these days to poke fun, but I really do want this to be a safe, comfortable space. I’m not 100% sure what I’m going to do with the site yet. If you have ideas feel free to send them along. If you’d like to contribute, that’s welcome too! I think I’m going to invite others to share their stories anonymously for support. If you want to put a name to the story you can do that too. I also want to set up a community forum where we can get to know one another better. Maybe even have some contests, prizes, and stuff like that.
Again, anything is possible at this point.
Before I let you go, there are some things I’d like to note:
- Everyone is welcome, and I do mean everyone.
- I will never monetize this site for personal gain. If it is monetized for some reason – through a sponsorship or something (because who knows the future) – any and all money will go to charities and/or the community. I’m not doing this to gain anything. I want to help others, and help you.
- You deserve support as much as anyone else. If you’re hurting and cannot bring yourself to reach out publicly feel free to DM me on social media, email, or reach out here.
- Negative and insulting comments or content meant to bring others down or harm will be removed. I will not tolerate you hurting someone. This is a space for love and support. If you cannot provide it, then find another space. Obviously, mistakes happen and there are misunderstandings. I do not intend to be a dictator, nor do I want any moderators to be. However, people can get mean fast. I don’t want that happening here.
- Politics, race, religion, gender, sexuality, and various debates are not encouraged. There are several reasons for this, but first let me elaborate. If you are facing abuse or discrimination because of your race, religion or gender and it’s hurting your mental state, share! If you are transgender or gay, obviously, that’s a part of your personality, by all means share. The goal is not to force you to be someone you’re not. You be you! The reason I’m saying this here and now is because I do not want this platform to be a place where people argue about what’s wrong or right, true or false. In order for this to work, it needs to be safe for everyone. If you cannot support others with love, without putting down their lifestyles, beliefs, race, gender, or characteristics, then please don’t participate. There are plenty of platforms to share your opinions on these topics that aren’t here.
- I love you and I care. I know that’s probably the corniest shit you’ve heard in a long time but it’s true. Depression sucks, and I know how much it hurts. I hate seeing others in pain especially when I know what you’re going through. If you feel alone, reach out. Even if you don’t feel like you have the strength to be direct, do what you can to send a sign – pop a flare – and I’ll be there, as will the community.